Skip to content

Token Update

I am going to try to do a massive update to token and token wares in the next few days. If you have any suggestions or thoughts for that, please post them here. 

I know there are various posts around the forums about them, so feel free to repeat things here.

Comments

• learning scroll
  • Shamelessly stealing froma post Khizan made

Artifacts I'd like to see moved over:

Monocle
    Diamond Tipped Spade
    Dragonskin Quiver
    Fishing Lure/Fishing Pole
    Obsidian and Gold Pipe
    Quicksilver Flasks
    Silver Keyring
    Smoked Glass Pipet
    Steel Mallet
    Wheel Grease

My suggestions:
    Propoganda Pamphlet 
    Quicksilver bucket
    Goggles of the unseen
    Bookbinder's artifact

Basically convenience stuff that is nice but doesn't have a lot of impact outside of utility might be good for token wares.
  • I totally forgot about my Gray Mouser suggestion but still stand fully behind it. So. Many. Rats
  • Something that turns x # of shards into a random material / commodity
  • edited April 2015
    DUUBLE
  • Card table plx. And dice!
  • Lamiran Amulet
    Piccolo of the Pests
    Prism Pouch (idk why anyone would buy this in this  day in age for credits)
    goggles of whitesight
    truesilver pike
    Sachet of Potpourri
    Truesilver mug
    Stone of gender switching
    Aura magnification thing

• @Eldreth - you win at suggestions. Iniar needs a break. 

Laughed so hard out loud.
  • I'd really love for the snowglobe to be purchased with tokens now that I think about it.
  • Sorry guys. I posted this and then promptly left town to go to a graduation. I will be working on some of these changes over the next few days.

• I have all these tokens burning a hole in my pocket can you please do this already? :(

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• Sorry. I have been working on some of this the last few days inbetween some other things. I should have some of them up soon.

• Re: the announce and change in token wares, would it be possible to revisit the cost of the dragonskin quiver? As a credit item, it was only 75 credits. I think 5 tokens for something that is only 75 credits is not a very good conversion value, especially considering the other artifacts that are also available for purchase for 5 tokens (e.g., obsidian and gold pipe, which had a credit cost of 150 credits).
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Maybe also allow it to carry 2000 arrows. :(
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • At 8 tokens per, the Monocle of Acuity is substantially more expensive than it used to be. Maybe knock it down to 5 or so?

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• @Jeremy I don't even play much lately, but actually seeing things I want in TOKEN WARES was enough for me to re-elite. *thumbsup
  • I was hoping for more of the silly novelty items although if the conversion rate looks right, I'll certainly pick up some of the artefacts, so long as I'm pretty sure it's something I'd never want to trade in anyway (and we did of course ask for that as well, so we are getting something we asked for).  That said, are those items ONLY token wares right now?  Or can I buy them either way?
  • They're only token wares, and the same items previously bought with credits can't be traded in right now.
  • I am planning on upping the number of arrows for the quiver, but it is a not a super easy change unfortunately. I will try to get to that soon.

• Please make it impossible to use that stupid animal-summoning coin inside of a city. There are entirely too many goddamn centipedes/frogs/etc walking around Antioch.

• Khizan said:
    Please make it impossible to use that stupid animal-summoning coin inside of a city. There are entirely too many goddamn centipedes/frogs/etc walking around Antioch.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
  • So what token wares are the best buys and must-haves while they're around in general?
    (Ring): Lartus says, "I heard Theophilus once threw a grenade and killed ten people."
    (Ring): Lartus says, "Then it exploded."

(Ring): Zsetsu says, "Everyone's playing checkers, but Theophilus is playing chess."
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Monocle of Acuity
  • edited May 2015
    I was about to buy the monocle as an artifact when it was moved over to token wares.  I was waiting for membership to tick so I don't stockpile too many bound credits unneccesarily.... until they put it as a token ware for 8 tokens, which... :(  I'll just wait until it's an artifact again.  The endless pipes are a good deal at 5 tokens though (the monocle was 100 credits and the pipes were 150 credits as artifacts for reference and both seemed to have great utility in relation to those prices).  I am also tempted by the goggles of unseen as a fun utility thing for 5 tokens (vs 200 credits).  People always say the vialbelts and packs and vorpal shards too but I'm having trouble getting excited about those (but they obviously don't decay, hold more etc...).  

EDIT:  monocle was only 100 credits as Alonzo mentions and I should have known better (because at one point I'd checked).
  • AlonzoAlonzo Christchurch, New Zealand
    The monocle was only 100 credits. Amusingly enough so was the pamphlet and all the fishing things were 100 each too. Yet now the monocle is 8 tokens, the pamphlet 3 and the fishing things 2, what is the thinking there?
  • They know the monocle is a pretty popular utility artifact, is my guess (still not buying it right now).  Also, if you're buying tokens off market (especially right now you poor bastards) that really changes everything.  You'd probably end up paying WAY too much for an item, that, remember can NEVER be traded in (so keep that in mind as well, and make sure you're buying things that you will probably always want).   That should be obvious, but weirdly, smart people are not always smart about $$$, so I include that as well.

If you have a huge hoard of tokens that changes things too.  Maybe you want something that is somewhat overpriced badly enough to spend a few more tokens than what it's probably worth.  That said, if you somehow DO have a hoard of tokens you're not going to spend, you could (slowly) not in a glut, release them on promo market and make a killing.  
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Never trading in my monocle. Just saying.