We are planning on some changes to guilds and cities in about two weeks. This is based on some conversations from the forums over the past few months.
The main part of the changes will deal with moving professions and novices from guilds to cities. Guilds will then be free to recruit and use whatever promotion requirements they desire. Previously we have had to squash some of the more elitist requirements.
I am looking for feedback and suggestions on the items listed below and also for features or tweaks that will make things better. Feel free to add your city and guild wishlist items. We can think about adding them as we are already working in that code.
Here is a list of changes we have already coded but we are waiting to release when we sure we have things where we like them.
- Removing the professions from guilds.
- Adding professions to cities. Cities will have access to any profession
a guild in the city had prior to this change. The city can purchase
additional professions by contacting me.
- All city professions can be learned from the city tutor.
- City tutors can teach lessons in any city profession skillsets.
- You must be a master in one profession before you can learn a new
professions. This will apply both to tutor-apprenticeship and
player-apprenticeship. This is mainly to keep newbies from being confused
or overwhelmed too early.
- Creating CITY SCORE <newbie> and CITY SKILLS <newbie> for ambassadors.
- Adding auto titles to cities when a player joins in the introduction. This
is also an ambassador command, CITY [PREFIX|SUFFIX] <profession> <title>.
Each profession can be assigned its own titles.
- Denoting city newbies in CWHO so they are easy to spot.
- Removing the GNT channel and making GT default for all players. This is
mainly because we do not want to split up the player base in this way.
- Removing TOPGUILDS and GUILD HEALTH.
- Changes to the intro to deal with putting newbies into cities.