Skip to content

Noob questions

I am thinking of moving over to Imperian from Lusternia and need some advice about professions.

I'm leaning more towards the Anti-Magick sphere, what professions there are considered quite good for new players? (in terms of not being too hard to level up, relatively quick to get into combat with etc.)

Thanks!

Comments

• Until some other people give answers, I'll just parrot (hopefully correctly) some of what I was told:

Templar is great/easy for Anti-Magic (and is my profession).  It's a good bashing class too.  It can also easily be modified into an "advanced" mode if you're ever ready to do so.

Summoner is supposed to be good for Demonic circle.  I don't know about bashing for it.  

Also, as glad as I know we'd be to have you, Anti-Magick is the big kid on the block for the moment, and the other circles really need people right now, especially demonic as I understand it (but I'm really not trying to push you away, either).  

What I've seen of Imperian since I really started playing this summer is that PK (especially group PK) is very easy to get into and you don't get harassed into wishing you'd never gone along with your city to that obelisk fight.  As you may or may not know, no experience loss.  

As for RP, no one is sitting on the corner saying "lol, ur mom", but Imperianites don't seem to be absolutely *waiting* for an opportunity to warn you about insanity, or bragging about how OOC channels destroy their immersion.  In general, Imperian gives me the strongest Impression of grownups who understand they're trying to play a fun game, where others are also trying to have fun.  Some smart moves by admin, coupled with what seems to be a slightly older player base (that started playing at an older age) seem to have brought about the most pleasant, but also most fun IRE game I've tried so far.  I see you're in NZ, you may want to make sure there are going to be enough people on when you normally play, although if you're coming from Lusternia, that may not be much of a problem (Lusternia seems pretty neat, by the way, I've been dabbling in it mysef, but I can tell the bulk of my time will still be in Imperian).  
  • Thank you for the reply! 

I actually had a good read up on most of the professions and though Wytch looked pretty cool with quite a bit of flavour.

I do like the sounds of a slightly older player base. It can be quite draining dealing with lots of really young people who like to troll a lot. 
  • IniarIniar Australia
    I would say that joining demonic on the NZ time frame is pretty much playing Imperian solo. I'd avoid it.
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • My hours are pretty all over the place since I'm finishing off my degree. So sometimes I'm around now or earlier or sometimes 12 hours from now. Yay for insomnia!