Skip to content

Improving Imperian Combat

Comments

• Jules said:

As satisfying as the crazy stacking sect favours are, what is up with the crazy stacking sect favours?  Is that going to stay or be changed?  I have a feeling this has already been discussed extensively, so I guess I'm just really asking @Eoghan what's going to happen or not happen.  

Stacking favors from different cults and sects has been possible for as long as cults and sects have existed (but required entities previously). We've discussed it up here a couple of times, and have decided that we are going to leave it as-is. You can only have one favor from each cult/sect.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    When Iluv used this on me for practice, I was able to break out and attack him enough to stop the loop.

• Mathiaus is OP.  Nerf him!

• Eoghan said:

Jules said:

As satisfying as the crazy stacking sect favours are, what is up with the crazy stacking sect favours?  Is that going to stay or be changed?  I have a feeling this has already been discussed extensively, so I guess I'm just really asking @Eoghan what's going to happen or not happen.  

Stacking favors from different cults and sects has been possible for as long as cults and sects have existed (but required entities previously). We've discussed it up here a couple of times, and have decided that we are going to leave it as-is. You can only have one favor from each cult/sect.
    Thanks for the answer, there.  I definitely have mixed feelings.  It's certainly kind of exciting to have two favours (so far the most I've seen our circle walking around with, although I'm sure 3 occasionally happens), and we obviously tend to do the inter-favouring for major fights (and I assume the other sides do as well).  As long as it exists in that way, it's kind of like, if they have it, we'd better have it.  
  • IniarIniar Australia
    I can't remember the last time I walked into a fight with a favour.
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • Hrm, why not?  I mean, I think you guys have at least two sects/cults, why wouldn't you highfavour for an hour before a major skirmish?  Especially now that Demonic is healthier on people now.  
  • IniarIniar Australia
    edited April 2015
    I guess the people in Demonic don't like me? :D

E: Celosyi has bestowed her highfavour upon you. It will last 24 hours. YUS <3 Celosyi
  • Iniar said:

I can't remember the last time I walked into a fight with a favour.

I'm so cool I walk into fights with favors from other circle's sects!
    ‘Least I won’t have to carry it no more. You see how bloody heavy it is?’

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
  • edited April 2015
    We can probably do without the whole Hit Totem -> Danaeus -> Tentacle into totem again -> Instant death thing. The gambit actually just outright kills a specific target (assuming the Wytch has an artifact totem) in team fights. I don't think a radical change is required, but something like a 5 second totem cooldown would do it, since Danaeus drops the target after four seconds. This change would preserve the original intent of totem, but make instakills with it impossible. A more extreme solution would be to make totems work like Ranger Wedge. You set it once, it hits, it has to be reset again.

EDIT: I also think changing this aspect of totems falls more into the realm of hotfix than classleads, considering it definitely seems like an oversight rather than a design decision, @Garryn.
    ‘Least I won’t have to carry it no more. You see how bloody heavy it is?’

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
  • Let's be honest here. If the sides were flipped and we were using the totem that heavily Ahkan would have spent 4 hours and a thesaurus' worth of profanity calling us bad over Bellatores and Iniar would be working totems into every post he makes, ala Redemption.

I don't think that "Hey maybe I shouldn't be able to hit the same totem three times within three seconds" is a particularly outrageous request. 

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• IniarIniar Australia
    I'm going to be a jerk and ask why it was changed in the first place. I thought it was reasonable with a huge burst upfront and then you had to reprop if you took any aggressive action. What was the logic behind the change?
  • IniarIniar Australia
    edited April 2015
    I actually cannot find any mention anywhere of why it was changed (to no longer drop on aggression (and this is making me sad)). Can anyone enlighten us?
  • Announce news 2691

[135] You can now perform actions while standing a totem - hinders or movement will stop it
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Thanks. I tried using the site: thing from Google but it refused to show up. Is there a way you can backtrack and see the original classlead, @Eoghan?
  • Thanks. I tried using the site: thing from Google but it refused to show up. Is there a way you can backtrack and see the original classlead, @Eoghan?
    Sixth result for me when searching "totem site:imperian.com/game/news/Imperian/Announce"

No, I'm not able to do that.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    edited April 2015
    Oh ok, thanks anyway.

e: I just did "totem site:imperian.com" that's interesting
  • Iniar said:

Thanks. I tried using the site: thing from Google but it refused to show up. Is there a way you can backtrack and see the original classlead, @Eoghan?

Right, we should probably add some way to see past reports, they are currently simply wiped on each round.
  • Here's the report, as submitted in 2014:

Problem: Propping totems requires you to turn autocuring off to utilize in combat, and this is a terrible mechanic. It's much easier to increase the list of abilities than effect this skill to balance this out. This is even more relevant considering that totems no longer hit 30 people at a time
    Sol.1: You can talk, cure, def up while propping a totem. You cannot lose eq/bal or be prone - this will cause you to unprop the totem.
    Sol.2: Normal inhibitors break propping a totem. Paralysis, CC, metrazol, arm shrivel
    Sol.3: Forced movement will break propping totems
    Decision: Solution 2
  • Personally I think that my rolling around with +4 to all stats from Benevolence+Stormsfavour+Conquestfavour+Huntfavor is 100% completely and totally balanced and fair and also awesome.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

•  Str: 23/15  Int: 15/8   Dex: 14/10  Con: 24/16

I mean, goddamn. Who could look at a stat-line like that and think that it was imbalanced?

• Why is knight damage so wildly high? Knights are already much tankier than the majority of other classes. Why are the apparently designed, to do more damage than anyone else with zero prep?

He's in -fast- statpack.  Maybe he has some gauntlets, he has one favour that I see. Maybe a ritual I can't see. When he hit me, the ONLY problem with my character, was missing health.
    -I wasn't bleeding
    -I had no afflictions
    -I was at 66.78% health

In fact, unless he customized them, that isn't even an artifact sword. I assume its two swords, as proc's happened twice. Proc's have a cooldown on purpose, why are you allowed to wield two swords to bypass this? DK's do this to me constantly, with basically nothing in the way of artifacts. I have every defensive artifact to help against this situation, except a ring of cold resist.

Septus does 200+ damage per dsl to me on Templar. In fast.

So my question again is, why is knight damage...well honestly, why is it broken? It changes the game to a high degree, so high that most magick combatants have straight up quit, or asked what the point in fighting is. It's a valid question. Yes, we do have a knight. Yes, we could say everyone has to switch to knight. But why is THAT the only answer? Its a terrible, bad answer. Combat shouldn't be skewed this badly.

Mage and Druid BOTH just got their damage nerfed, because it was deemed too "easy" or too high. They did less then Knights do now. I don't understand the design concept behind it. 
  • edited April 2015

"A ghastly aura envelops you momentarily."

That line there is Negate.

Brutality - Negating

Syntax: ENHANCE <weapon> WITH NEGATING
    Condition: Knight's or target's health under 65%
    Cooldown: 10 seconds
    This enhancement will clear the cooldowns of all other enhancements on its target.

What happens is the procs all fire and the negate proc clears the cooldowns of the procs so that the next slash procs them all over again. It's complete and utter bullshit and it's hilariously overpowered. It's completely and totally balanced, but Faithroot HAS to nerf Devotion Flare damage because Templars are way too good. In fact, Templars are so good that Soulquench could really use a buff.

• Just to correct a few points in the above post:
    I play athletic (that isn't to say the damage isn't excessive, but for the sake of accuracy). It is very hard to gauge what is and isn't crazy damage due to the huge favour stacking going on currently.

The situation in your log is not two swords, its a case of the negating enhancement (AB BRUTALITY NEGATING).

I've said this before, but its worth reiterating: reave momentum really, really needs to reset on switching targets.

• edited April 2015
    The damage that knights can currently put out is pretty obscene and definitely deserves looking at. However, I doubt we'll make much progress on that if  situations are consistently misrepresented.
    -I wasn't bleeding
    -I had no afflictions
    -I was at 66.78% health 
    As the weapon strikes you, it burns your flesh painfully.

This can't proc unless you're bleeding for 40ish health.

Your faith increases as Aakrin falls by your hand.
    Aakrin turns pallid and drops to the ground.
    You have slain Aakrin.

• As to that, I highly recommend putting your bleeding into your prompt, it really helps when you're going back over a fight.

• edited April 2015
    Does the bandages absorbing bleeding mean you're still bleeding for the purpose of proc'ing that stuff? I went over the log a dozen times, it doesn't show a single actual point of bleeding done.

But even if I was bleeding, the damage on knights is WAY too high. It negates the point of having any other class except summoner or monk, which are still viable due to the amazing range abilities.

Also, how the heck did negating make it past concept?
  • IniarIniar Australia
    edited April 2015
    At this point in time, it's fair to say you have to have at minimum 2 knights in your team or you're behind the eight ball. Also negating is ridiculous when firing on a single dsl. It maybe could be considered to reset cooldowns for the next attack, but definitely not in the same dsl. I can do 85% of my own health in a single dsl at approx 90 - 110 bleed.
  • edited April 2015
    Aakrin said:

Does the bandages absorbing bleeding mean you're still bleeding for the purpose of proc'ing that stuff? I went over the log a dozen times, it doesn't show a single actual point of bleeding done.

Bandages do not absorb all of your bleeding, no. I can't really tell from the log snippet you posted, but if you are getting hit with lacerate and the longsword is serrated (which I am sure it is), it is not uncommon to wind up bleeding for 50, 80, or even over 100 (with bandages, depending how many times you have been hit) if you are not watching your bleeding and spamming clot. Autocuring's clotting isn't really that great, so the advice to put bleeding on your prompt is a good one so you can see it manually and clot manually when needed.

Also, Ozreas has an orb of supression, so you aren't going to see his worn artifacts.