Skip to content

Event Feedback, 2.0

Comments

• edited October 2012
    Collecting them isn't as simple as you think. Those suckers like to land in rooms that have 20 rooms named the same. You run into walls the armies are building. I know several of us have lagged at that perfect time where an army walks out of a fort. Aleutia is just really good at avoiding death, more so than everyone else. But it's not as though she's not getting any troubles/problems along the way. She's just not complaining about them publicly.

Now I'm not saying it's super hard, just saying you do run into a lot of difficulties, with or without someone hunting you.

Side note. This is a -long- annoying grind as well. It just isn't going to take weeks, because I'm pretty sure the Admin want this event wrapped up too.
  • So..I'm confused. If it's so easy and so dumb, why aren't you doing it? Would it get in the way of your being a complete jerk on the forums? 

Just think...if you actually tried to participate in this event, instead of complain, you might not have gotten threatened by a girl on the internet.
  • edited October 2012
    To be fair, avoiding death is extremely easy. Here's what you do, basically: /ac {A squad of %0 enters from the %1} {fly}

Provided you are on balance, you live!

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• If by auto you mean an alias to pick things up from a room that I've walked to, I guess I'm guilty. Is an alias to put things in the figure also auto? I guess also having a seperate alias to pathfinder away from the lich is more automation. I'm such a bad person :(
    I am the righteous one... 
    the claims are stated - it's the world I've created 
  • How fitting that an event which was predicated on grinding for hours, and hours, an hours would be ended with a finale that will probably require hours, and hours, and hours to complete.

Someone upstairs keeps confusing 'epic' for 'massively tedious'.
    ‘Least I won’t have to carry it no more. You see how bloody heavy it is?’

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
  • Wait.... are you talking about me? HA HA HA HA. I love it.

• This event just turned cool, considering Kinsarmar is somehow holding off five other orgs. The fact that Aleutia is abusing a bug to retain the Hammer is unfair and we would be probably fairing even better if she wasn't. That's cool though.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • edited October 2012
    We are removing Phase. We forgot about that. Pretty lame on our part. Sorry!

• I am sure we will discover some other skills we did not count on. You crafty bastards.

• Sarrius said:
    This event just turned cool, considering Kinsarmar is somehow holding off five other orgs. The fact that Aleutia is abusing a bug to retain the Hammer is unfair and we would be probably fairing even better if she wasn't. That's cool though.
    I wonder how this would go for Kinsarmar if there weren't aggro pats of 40 mobs. Hmmmm.
    ‘Least I won’t have to carry it no more. You see how bloody heavy it is?’

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
  • Like nearly all wars, this is a war of attrition. I was not even sure there would be a war; I was semi thinking everyone would team up. It will come down to which side is will to take the most abuse and to the winner will go the spoils. 

Soooo much fun. Well, for me... HA!

• Now that most of the dirty tricks have been done, this is basically just a game of "who can stay up the latest?"

It takes so long to move this, and the opposition has so many chances to kill that one person that, at this point, I have officially become bored with this phase of the event.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• Fair enough. But would you rather one side could just run it up and instantly win?

• Bathan said:
    Sarrius said:
    This event just turned cool, considering Kinsarmar is somehow holding off five other orgs. The fact that Aleutia is abusing a bug to retain the Hammer is unfair and we would be probably fairing even better if she wasn't. That's cool though.
    I wonder how this would go for Kinsarmar if there weren't aggro pats of 40 mobs. Hmmmm.
    The same way. We would just be getting more experience killing you.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • It will be long and painful, but that will make it victory feel much greater, and the loss much more painful. 

• At something like 20 seconds per room, we've got an awful lot of time to break in and alpha-strike down one person. That's why I'm fairly sure that this is going to be decided by who gets tired first.

• Jeremy said:
    It will be long and painful, but that will make it victory feel much greater, and the loss much more painful. 
    Or we will wonder why we bothered. This is obviously a 5v1 and we aren't going to end it any time soon. It is going to end up being one side getting sick of playing, not one side getting physically tired. It's really not fun to have a poopsock mechanic in an event, especially at 1:30 AM EST. In fact, it is the OPPOSITE of fun. Some of us have jobs, class, and families. We can't be online to help our side and really, THAT is what decides this event - which one of us finally breaks and decides our actual lives are more important than a text victory.
  • I am not trying to be a jerk in any way. I completely understand that. But that is also the case in any event. I have people in every timezone that does not work out for them complaining. That is the nature of events in any online world.

• Khizan said:
    At something like 20 seconds per room, we've got an awful lot of time to break in and alpha-strike down one person. That's why I'm fairly sure that this is going to be decided by who gets tired first.
    True, but as a PKer, how can you not enjoy endless PK once in a while?

• edited October 2012
    Jeremy said:
    It will be long and painful, but that will make it victory feel much greater, and the loss much more painful. 

This started way too late for that to be fun. By the time things actually started rolling, it was already 11pm CST on a Sunday night. So what I'm doing now is saying "Well, if this doesn't end inside half an hour, I've got classes in the morning, so I'm going to bed, and screw the event, it's not worth poopsocking it all night in the hopes that enough of my (smaller) team can stay up as late and outlast them."

• Khizan said:
    Jeremy said:

This started way too late for that to be fun. By the time things actually started rolling, it was already 11pm CST on a Sunday night. So what I'm doing now is saying "Well, if this doesn't end inside half an hour, I've got classes in the morning, so I'm going to bed, and screw the event, it's not worth poopsocking it all night in the hopes that enough of my (smaller) team can stay up as late and outlast them."

Fair enough. I wish it could have gotten rolling a little sooner.

• The funny thing is we keep getting the Hammer and the ridiculous move speed impairment makes it so we cannot seal the deal.
  • Sarrius said:
    The funny thing is we keep getting the Hammer and the ridiculous move speed impairment makes it so we cannot seal the deal.
    Well, that argument goes both ways. It will be the team that wants it the most. If one team could just quickly run it up, that would not work either.

• Jeremy said:
    Sarrius said:
    The funny thing is we keep getting the Hammer and the ridiculous move speed impairment makes it so we cannot seal the deal.
    Well, that argument goes both ways. It will be the team that wants it the most. If one team could just quickly run it up, that would not work either.
    Let's just agree that this event's finale is great for PKers, but you did not give incentive enough to each circle to isolate themselves and work as 3 entities. If you're going to force a three-side conflict as the selling point of your game's lore, please try to make sure people actually stick to it instead of making it a 5v1. I mean, I talked about this some in the Circle thread.
  • Sarrius said:
      I wasn't abusing a bug, Jesse said it was perfectly fine
  • edited October 2012
    But that was not the point here. We have you three possible endings. I was fine if everyone teamed up and decided on the same one. On one hand when we force people to stay in circles, there are complaints that we allow no cross teaming. When we have an ending that allows people to team, people complain.

I am fine with the complaints, it is impossible to keep everyone happy. 

That is the way we rolled with this this event. Loyalties and alliances constantly shifted through the entire thing. For a while it was Demonic vs the world and now AM teamed up with Demonic. I love it. The end has a ton of PK, but if you did not want it you could have RPed a diplomat to bring sides together, you could stand clear and watch the world burn, etc. The only thing that is pigeonholed is that one group will die. Although, I suppose you could decide as a group to just not use the Hammer at all.

Good stuff.

• Aleutia said:
    Sarrius said:
      I wasn't abusing a bug, Jesse said it was perfectly fine
    yeah, not a bug, but poor planning on our part.

• Jeremy said:
    But that was not the point here. We have you three possible endings. I was fine if everyone teamed up and decided on the same one. On one hand when we force people to stay in circles, there are complaints that we allow no cross teaming. When we have an ending that allows people to team, people complain.

I am fine with the complaints, it is impossible to keep everyone happy. 

That is the way we rolled with this this event. Loyalties and alliances constantly shifted through the entire thing. For a while it was Demonic vs the world and now AM teamed up with Demonic. I love it. The end has a ton of PK, but if you did not want it you could have RPed a diplomat to bring sides together, you could stand clear and watch the world burn, etc. The only thing that is pigeonholed is that one group will die. Although, I suppose you could decide as a group to just not use the Hammer at all.

Good stuff.
    The problem is that you just spent a tad bit under a decade encouraging us to fight each other as three sides, and now you are taking that back for the sake of 'something cool'. You are giving us three possible endings, yes, but you made the mistake of putting the executioner's axe where everybody could see it. Everybody immediately went in to a panic, made a crazy pact not to fight each other because nobody wants their city deleted (Despite each circle needing trimming) - and then you made the mistake of killing the gods off with DEMONS. This has GREATLY skewed the decision-making process for 95% of the game, because everybody was emotionally attached to their gods. You could have waited for the Godswar conclusion until AFTER the Hammer event - instead, you gave everybody a reason to pick demons over anything else ever. Despite each circle having an inclination, usually, to pick something COMPLETELY different.

I guess my feedback is that you made a cool event, but it runs contrary to the rest of the history of the game - oh, and you also made the mistake of setting another, completely different event in motion that completely skews everybody's viewpoint.
  • Jeremy said:

I want it. But I've also got a test tomorrow, though. Maybe when Imperian first opened I'd have said "Screw it, fight on!" Now, I say "Sorry, I've got a test tomorrow morning, I need to log off."

• I am still encouraging three different sides.

I do not believe that everything should be or can be 100% fair or even all of the time. Especially RP things.