Howdy fellas. I stopped playing IRE games about 7 or so years ago, and I'm interested in coming back. Somebody posted a similar thread recently here (http://forums.imperian.com/discussion/348/new-player-questions
), but I had a few specific questions not answered there.
1. Like the OP from that thread, I'm very interested in joining someplace with a community. The Demonic circle was suggested as the most active and involved with newbies back then. Is this still true? Has it shifted? I know it's somewhat cyclical, but I'd have the best intro experience joining a circle that's currently doing well.
2. With autocuring released (and me knowing how to code after college, hooray) I'm very interested in joining the PvP scene. I'm not looking to make a big investment (yet?) just to be competent though. So with that in mind, I'd like to play a class that won't require omni-trans + 20 artifacts to stand a chance at winning in PvP. Which classes does that rule out?
3. Are Wytchen puppets gone? I never played one, but I liked the idea of puppets.
4. I love the idea of a class with a companion, like a wyrm, ouroboros, or hound. However, I've read threads about staying away from afflcition- and limb-oriented classes at the moment. Which of these "companion classes" is doing fine/is easy to get into?
5. I'm assuming leveling through PK won't be available whenever I want. So I'd like to know who is good at bashing relatively early. I remember with the old DEADEYES BLEED BLEED I used to be an absolute monster back in the day.
I'm excited about returning, and I'm glad to see the game's still alive and doing just fine.