Skip to content

Classleads (April 2014)

Kindly discuss classleads here.

I will be trying to get Malignosis Soulpact to be more useful as a Transcendent skill. To enlighten me, are Seraphs killable de novo? What should I ask for?
wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure

Comments

• I've classleaded this before, but Ouorobors need to be flat out coded to be 'non attackable' and have the only health drain be the usage of skills, just like seraphs. Seraph's can't be attacked anymore and really only exist as a 'defense' that allows the usage of fayth skills. I shouldn't have to spend 25% of one resource pool to guarantee the acess to a second resource pool.

I'll have to test it, but you used to be able to do mob damage to an ouroboros to reduce its energy (post soulpact). It wouldn't die, but it'd have 0 health and thus be useless as an ouroboros. This also happened in the presence of the banishment rite. It was mentioned in classleads and was likely an oversight due to time or effort of the change. 
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Thanks. It should be fairly feasible to re-request then :)
  • IniarIniar Australia
    edited April 2014
    I'm looking at class leading an alteration to bloodsworn. How many constitution points, roughly, would it take to add 20% HP?

Also @Wysrias do you have the expected value for current Soulquench dps for both sabres and claymores?
  • Ferriter's classlead to give Druids back Grove Summon (ironically Classlead #1) is a high hill to climb for anyone that wants to claim the award for worst overall classlead of this cycle.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    I will try!
  • IniarIniar Australia
    edited April 2014
    classlead new malignosis ouroboros

classlead 666 problem 'Ouroboros' is quite hard to spell for dyslexic people.

classlead 666 solution 1 Please make ouroboros also targetable by the syntax 'snakeeatingself' and 'circle snake'

classlead 666 solution 2 I will also take 'supersnake'

• Ok I asked a couple people in game today, about the abilities of classes in other circles. i am still learning this all and for classleads. So would like input!

Bards defenses seem backwards in Dis. I can summon songbird, and sketches. But I can not def myself up. Twiddle thumbs for a few minutes, get out of Dis, sit there waiting for all my defensive songs to bind. 

I was not sure on other classes, in what defenses they could not do in Dis, but it seems there are only a couple that have similar issue. 

What has been the issue with allowing Bards to song up in Dis? Make these songs only able to target oneself in Dis, would eliminate the scenario of a Bard buffing everyone up to charge out. Or using a song against another. Might make for a bit of noise down there, but I have seen some other classes buff up down there and ready to run as soon as they get off the ferry. 

Comments, ideas, hissing and booing? 

Thanks for the time in reading!
  • AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited April 2014
    Other classes have defenses they can't throw up while dead because they're counted as offensive actions and it violates the 'safe room'. It's the same thing with songs.
  • I guess I need to figure out the distinction between offensive and defensive skills then! Did not think though Ward or Restoration on myself would be considered an offensive skill.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Its probably easier for them to say (and code) 'All songs are not applicable in Dis' than to sort each song properly. If its any comfort, summoners can't bind demons in Dis as well, although its not entirely a fair comparison.
  • Not sure why you can't def up warding or restoration :( Ask Jesse?
  • Message Garryn and ask about the purely defensive songs; I did that with demon summons and he got those changed for me.

I would not waste a classlead on that.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• Or just ask that defensive songs finally become Bard-only entirely and that they become defenses that drop only on log out. We balance around their 100% uptime anyways.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • IniarIniar Australia
    edited April 2014
    I'm a bit hesitant to submit this, would like to invite opinions:

AB CURSES Steal

* Stem: 

Steal fails whenever the target has no healing balance.

* Information: ‘This curse will temporarily steal from your target the ability to use the method of healing that you steal.’ ‘Valid options: Elixir, Herb, Salve, Smoke, Toadstool.’ Steal is combo-able with Cadmus, that is a single dustthrow.

* Discussion:

Steal is a neat idea for an affliction class. Unfortunately, its effectiveness relies on the target possessing the curing balance at the time of affliction. In the fast paced combat of Imperian, this is almost never. On the flip side, Wytch is an affliction class that simply does not need another method of healing denial. In this classlead, we will attempt to make ‘Steal’ 

(1) Useful (2) More useful if applied situationally (3) Minimal trade-off for the affliction offense of a wytch, such that it maintains viable use

* Solution #1: Allow steal to mimic the next specified healing method used by the target, regardless of the caster’s own balance. For example, doing; swiftcurse Iniar steal herb reckless if Iniar then eats mandrake to cure recklessness, then the caster (say Iluv) will also cure a mandrake affliction. This solution will not increase the already strong affliction offense of the Wytch, but rather provide a potent defense against afflictions when used intelligently. Remember, the wytch should attempt to tailor the giving affliction to the next cure he/she desires, and also needs to be mindful of what cures the target has access to. Because this allows the Wytch to tailor their own cure, this could mean the removal of dustthrow cure.

• So, for the sake of a social experiment, what are everybody's report comments on 78?
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • AzefelAzefel Singapore
    edited April 2014
  • Sarrius said:
    So, for the sake of a social experiment, what are everybody's report comments on 78?

Wysrias - There is nothing about this solution that is meaningful, applicable or useful for a summoner in any situation.

Really, it just shows a complete lack of understanding for how the class functions, both in a vacuum and in any combat situation; not particularly surprising considering Iriaen doesn't have any real combat experience from this decade. For someone so ardently against theorycrafting, there's a whole lot of it here (albeit, terrible).

• Comments: 
    Khizan - This is awesome and it should 100% be implemented yes. This, of course, should be taken mean that it would be 
    disgustingly overpowered and increase summoner damage by a ridiculously huge amount. Unleash one of 
    Belial/Golgotha/Pyradius every 10 seconds? Yes please.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• edited April 2014
    Sarrius - Werr32e423ygrfsdhcsasqisjwefikjnhgfewghngfc i just randomly commented on this report, isn't that fun? (trolling is fun)
    Sarrius - (VERY LONG PARAGRAPH EXPLAINING WHY THIS IDEA IS BAD, SORRY GARRYN)

The above is a summary, because the actual paragraph might be longer than the actual report because I quote each portion individually due to boredom.
  • I stand corrected, I guess it would be pretty useful!

What I mostly took issue with was "There is also an optimal way to unleash demons against specific opponents in 1v1 that a summoner never has any incentive to deviate from." There's a specific set of possessions that are generally 'most useful', but unleashes are a lot more situational - there's nothing worse than prepping an enlighten and not having Cadmus on hand, or needing Pyradius to keep your incinerate stoked but being unable to use it. Would also be dumb to waste Belial against a target that is nearly dead, or Golgotha to initiate.

• IniarIniar Australia
    Change the description from "a sharpened quarterstaff" to "an elegant naginata" since a naginata is a lot like a spear or glaive without actually being a spear or a glaive.
  • edited April 2014
    I don't know about you guys, but when I look at Report 85, I get all giddy. I'm COVERED IN BEES!

This will be demonic:

Edit: Humour aside, I don't think I could take a cloak of bees seriously...

even though it would be partially awesome.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Juran said:

Ferriter's classlead to give Druids back Grove Summon (ironically Classlead #1) is a high hill to climb for anyone that wants to claim the award for worst overall classlead of this cycle.

Classlead #1 still the forerunner?
  • GabrielGabriel Fort Valley, Georgia US
    But but... no one really volunteers to become a potato.

We need, "Get over here!" powers.

I kid.

:((

• Iniar said:
    Ferriter's classlead to give Druids back Grove Summon (ironically Classlead #1) is a high hill to climb for anyone that wants to claim the award for worst overall classlead of this cycle.
    Classlead #1 still the forerunner?
    Discounting Iriaen's comedyleads, yes, I would say so.

• IniarIniar Australia
    Dammit. I must try harder.
  • IniarIniar Australia

Report #87
    Problem:
    Flingdarts seems mostly like a filler skill to introduce darts to predators not deep enough in predation for twinshot.  Given that its not a very well used skill, I think it should be incorporated into COMBO.  Essentially it gives us the option to sacrifice some damage for the sake of an extra poison.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Solution #1:
    Enable FlingDarts to be used once per combo (ex: COMBO lowhook left flingdart aconite lowhook left <target> <toxin>)
    Solution #2:
    Enable FlingDarts to be used with Combo, but prevent the use of sitara specific toxins to be used in any combo including FlingDarts
    Solution #3:
    Enable FlingDarts to be used with Combo at an increased balance cost, but prevent the use of sitara specific toxins to be used in any combo including FlingDarts
    Approve. I knew I kept a Predator for a reason. :D:D:D (omg yes)
  • There are a few good unsubmitted classleads still (and more than a few bad ones). If you feel that you might be in the first group, you should submit your classleads. If you are afraid you are in the second, you should probably not. If you are unsure which group you are in, you can ask me.
  • I was going to classlead to be able to apply bandages and stuff when my arm is a branch, but I forgot. Game changer lost by the wayside. :(
  • Khizan has a classlead for branch that should hopefully cover everything (from bandages to can't burrow above)