Skip to content

March's New Promotion

After I bitched enough, @Jeremy decided to change the March promotion!

ANNOUNCE NEWS #2566
Date: 3/10/2014 at 21:35
To  : Everyone
Subj: New Artifact Pieces

We are changing up the wand promotion for this month into several new minor artifact items.

You will now receive three artifact pieces every 100 credits you purchase. At the 500 credit mark, you will get an additional three.

These artifact pieces can be used to construct several new minor artifacts or traded to other players. We have created five new artifact crowns, cloaks, anklets, and horns. They have a variety of  cosmetic effects. They are detailed at the bottom of HELP ARTIFACT PIECES.

I have also created a utility command ASSEMBLE LIST that will let you manage the pieces you have. This include pieces from the phylacteries.

Penned by my hand on the 11th of Tenebrae, in the year 42 AM.

I figured we should open a thread to track the messages for all the March promotion combined artifacts.

FOREST CLOAK:

This long cloak is made to cascade from the shoulders to the ground with bright-green silk. Wrapped around the top to keep it upon ones shoulders when worn, is a brown braided rope; and an elegant symbol of the trees of Aetherius has been stitched onto the centre, its intricate designs giving it a bold look.
It weighs 6 ounces.
It bears the distinctive mark of Shah Sarrius Chytovil, the Baneslayer.

"Sarrius is here surrounded by wayward leaves upon an ethereal breeze. He wields a lunar shield in his left hand and a truesilver mace in his right."

<div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>

Comments

• Do they have a tradein value? >_>
  • Like most combined artifacts, no.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • Leikara said:
    Do they have a tradein value? >_>
    While the pieces (and the combined items) do not have a tradein value, they are not valueless. Because there are many items, and the chances for a complete set from a single purchase may be low, the new items form a sort of commodities market that you could take advantage of. You could make credits selling the pieces to others that wish to complete the sets.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • I'm sad there is no flame set. I would be interested to know the various messages for the sun items if anyone collects them.
  • edited March 2014
    The leaves of the world bristle and shift as Sarrius's voice is carried on a gentle breeze, "I am coming to watch you play cards, Iluv!"

The foresthorn's shout modification. I expected something a little less.. fae. :(

icehorn:

A chill sets in the air as the voice of Eldreth is carried upon a frigid breeze, "I come looking for the scoundrel Khizan!"

sunhorn:

The light of Ki shines brightly down upon Khizan as his voice booms across the world, "Here I am, Eldreth!"
  • edited March 2014
    GHOSTCLOAK:
    Ario is here, his incorporeal form ever shifting.

ICECLOAK:

Clark  is here, covered in a thin sheen of ice.

GHOSTHORN:

A chill runs down your spine, as the deathly voice of Ario whispers into your ear, "Am I spooky yet?"
  • Sarrius said:
    The leaves of the world bristle and shift as Sarrius's voice is carried on a gentle breeze, "I am coming to watch you play cards, Iluv!"

The foresthorn's shout modification. I expected something a little less.. fae. :(
    I want five of these.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
  • Of course you would be attracted to the 'sissy' cloak.
  • Sarrius said:
    ICECLOAK:

Clark  is here, covered in a thin sheen of ice.
    Before anyone freaks out, I've fixed the extra space after the name.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • The sunhorn has the unique property of the message being different per viewer. Some people see other suns referenced, if I understand Iluv's statement right. I imagine the moonhorn is the same way.
  • Ahkan said:
    Of course you would be attracted to the 'sissy' cloak.
    There wasn't a glitterhorn :(

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
  • I'd like to see what the moon items do.
  • Yes, the sun and moon horn will pull a random sun/moon. The cool kicker is it is different per viewer (Example - the above shout shown with Khizan Sarrius saw Ki I saw 'Ab.) Works the same for the moons.

Glad to see you're all enjoying the new toys! 
  • Svorai said:
    Yes, the sun and moon horn will pull a random sun/moon. The cool kicker is it is different per viewer (Example - the above shout shown with Khizan Sarrius saw Ki I saw 'Ab.) Works the same for the moons.

I wish I had known this just from inference, because now I feel like the forest horn is way less cool/valuable. Is there any chance we could have one or two tacked on to the other horns? :(
  • edited March 2014
    Sarrius said:
    Svorai said:
    Yes, the sun and moon horn will pull a random sun/moon. The cool kicker is it is different per viewer (Example - the above shout shown with Khizan Sarrius saw Ki I saw 'Ab.) Works the same for the moons.

I wish I had known this just from inference, because now I feel like the forest horn is way less cool/valuable. Is there any chance we could have one or two tacked on to the other horns? :(
    Sorry, only suns and moons get special randomness. The ambient crowns for suns and moons have the same random choice, but it will be the same for everyone who is in the room with said crown wearer. 
  • edited March 2014

Suncloak:
    Khizan is here, a scintillating aura of light surrounding him

Examined: This long cloak is made to cascade from the shoulders to the ground with bright-yellow silk. Wrapped around the top to keep it upon ones shoulders when worn, is a bright-orange braided rope; and an elegant symbol of the seven suns has been stitched onto the centre, its intricate designs giving it a bold look.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• Are the crowns' messages supposed to be visible to the person wearing them? The moon crown doesn't seem to be doing much.

Moon crown:

a fluctuating crown of the moons

This crown is crafted from a tri-coloured loop, the metal shifting between a bold red, a pure white, and a shimmering purple. Set into the metal is a massive multi-coloured gem pieced together from a pearl, a ruby, and an amethyst. Carefully placed into the top of the crown is a tri-coloured cloth of white, red, and purple, the three moons embroidered into the fabric with intricate details.
  • I love how I was able to trade my wands in for the promo, then score most of the ghost items first bit (plus give/sell some of them).

• Lalitana said:
    Are the crowns' messages supposed to be visible to the person wearing them? The moon crown doesn't seem to be doing much.

Moon crown:

a fluctuating crown of the moons

This crown is crafted from a tri-coloured loop, the metal shifting between a bold red, a pure white, and a shimmering purple. Set into the metal is a massive multi-coloured gem pieced together from a pearl, a ruby, and an amethyst. Carefully placed into the top of the crown is a tri-coloured cloth of white, red, and purple, the three moons embroidered into the fabric with intricate details.
    The main ambient message is shown to all those in the room - but you should get a message when the ambient goes off. Something along the lines of "Your crown glows with the light of #Randommoon."
  • Alright guys, I'll be vis for a bit tonight, so keep those bugs coming in to either me or through bugs. I have Eoghan working double time on trying to fix the little bugs that are popping up, so keep posting - easier for us to know when there are problems.

Thanks! (Eoghan is my code slave)
  • Khizan said:
    I love how this promotion went from "Wands are dumb and horrible and this is bad and terrible" to "HERE TAKE MY MONEY!"
    Jeremy's plan - he subjected us to something awful to make us truly appreciate this new promotion. :(
  • Please I want a flame set. All of these other ones suck. Ice but no Flame? :(
  • edited March 2014
    Your crown glows with the light of Moradeim.
    A soft glow mimicking Moradeim emanates from the form of Lalitana.

Your crown glows with the light of Sukhder.
    A soft glow mimicking Sukhder emanates from the form of Lalitana.
  • Aulani said:
    Please I want a flame set. All of these other ones suck. Ice but no Flame? :(
    It is likely because there is a Flame cult. I could also maybe make a case for these being loosely city/council themed. Ice meets both Kinsarmar and Ithaqua. Moons meet all, but could be kinda magickal. Ghosts seem like they could be vaguely demonic, etc.
  • Cloaks can hold 5 items now, like most cloaks in game. Also, we were not intending any of the themes to be based off of circles or cults. 
  • Moon cloak:

Aulani is here, a soft glow of a multi-coloured aura surrounding her.

• H:550/550 M:610/610 B:0 <eb> <db>
    A soft glow mimicking Aryana emanates from the form of Iroth.
    The bright aura of 'Ab radiates around the form of Iroth.
    Your crown glows with the light of the sun Kabr.
    A slight chill rises in the room as icicles form upon Clark's body.
    A slight chill rises in the room as icicles form upon Iroth's body.
    H:550/550 M:607/610 B:0 <eb> <db> 

This is really kind of dumb and spammy, it would be awesome if we could get some kind of cap on this to prevent multiple crowns in crowds(crownds?) from being stupid spammy.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• edited March 2014
    Here's the first person message from the Ice Crown

"Your crown chills upon your head."