Skip to content

New player (kind of...)

So, I made a character a LONG time ago and I forgot about it. I even got a few credits on it, which is why it has been around forever. I may look into this game since I could use a change.

About me:

* I'm in Lusternia, so I know what an IRE is. I'm not THAT advanced there, I only got to level 85 and just stayed around that level due to laziness for grinding. I don't call myself anything close to a combatant, but I got my hands into a decent system that helps me survive there, and I got knowledge of what happens there in terms of politics and such. I may not be even close to the decent pk-ers but I'm a veteran on my own right.

* I have this strange fascination for melee characters due to the tankyness and the leeway that comes with having a lot of health. I am also quite aware that Warriors in IRE games are HEAVY on credits due to artifacts and such and thus, my fascination comes with a price and makes me always feels quite masochistic about it.

* I'm a bit familiar with what the game is about. Magick bad, anti-magick good, demons worse. Forests don't like cities, cities don't like forests. Zealotism is all the rage in some cities/councils. Magickers think that nobody gets them and that non-Demon magick is WAY cooler, but you wouldn't get it anyway. Demons are cool I guess, but I was never into that kind of stuff before, so I don't know much there.

What I want:

* I'm looking for a class that has lowest of the skills needed to function. If it's tanky enough, it will be better. I don't think I'll be able to afford multi/omni trans any time soon (read: maybe ever).

* Right now I am a Sidhe, but Lycaeans look super cool. For what I remember I started this character as a Lyc Monk from Antioch (if you know about fighting games, Talbain makes sense), but somewhere along time and space, I changed to Sidhe because I thought that Mages could be cool. This was before professions, around the time where that Lycaean player that founded (?) the Wardens was still active (pretty sure he's well known at this point).

* I want to know a bit about orgs. Who's active, who's inactive, who's hot, who's not, who has power, who doesn't, who has the griefers, who has the RPers. You know, the good stuff.

* I want to know about the Professions. Which one's easy, which one's hard, which one costs 1000 credits to be decent, which one I only need 1 trans to kill da noobs and earn epic lootz with my mad OP skillz.

* I want to know about about races. Do you guys still have bonus to balance/equilibrium? Does speed still kills?

Anyway, I think this may be a bit too much, but I know you guys are (were?) an awesome community that always had helpful comments for people that wanted to get into heroin Imperian.

PS: What's good in terms of systems? Any MUSHClient systems around? Much expensive? Useful? Any others?
-------------------

TL;DR: Pls halp I want a character with OP skills, OP org and OP race? System pls!

Comments

• Look, Septus has a twin!
  • Ahkan said:
    Look, Septus has a twin!
    I have no clue who that might be, but just for the honours line, I see that he's some sort of power gamer/combatant that may only use OP skills of some sort.

You should read the part where I just stayed around Level 85 in Lusternia.

Me =/= Power gamer.
  • I sell a Mudlet system which has profiles for Deathknight, Assassin, Diabolist, Wytch, Outrider and Summoner.

For professions that get the most bang for the least amount of credits and skills invested, I would go with one of the Knights.
  • Iluv said:
    For professions that get the most bang for the least amount of credits and skills invested, I would go with one of the Knights.

Oh dear. So, the Knights require the least amount of skills? Do tell more? How many skills is "ok"?
  • edited January 2014
    Hey Talbain. Since I had a 'brief' stint in Lusternia myself, I can draw some quick lines for you:

Knights are nothing like Lusternia's. They are more and less interesting in this game - there is no wounding, they are forced to take their council/city exclusive secondary, and there is no 'specialization' system like Bonecrusher/Blademaster/Axelord/Pureblade/Cavalier.

Affliction count is significantly lower in this game than there (Lusternia had roughly 200 - 300+ afflictions before the revamp).

There are no nexii, there is no requirement to be in a city or council to use crucial skills.

Races and stats are not bound together - unlike Lusternia's absurd anthology of races that are mostly worthless, our statistics are bound to statpacks (HELP STATPACKS for more info) and races are largely a cosmetic/roleplay choice.

Like any IRE game, most classes require some amount of investment to be truly competent or useful, but Knights can still be justified as a 'budget' class. A lot of super-traditional melee classes are in Anti-Magick, and they all are sort of tanky (cue complaints from other circles), so they might be what you are looking for. Predator is especially durable and you only need Knifeplay to function (Beastmastery is nice, and Predation contains some cute toys, but you'll get them when you feel like you want to cause trouble with them, I'm sure). I'm unsure on the investment requirement of Defiler, but it is a decent melee class to hulk out with right now. Druid requires a little bit of investment (probably dual-trans) to be combat capable.

Organizations: Demonic is on the upswing right now. They have 4/6ths of the game's obelisks, field the largest teams, and are doing particularly well in other fields too. A lot of their professions require some degree of credit investment, and a lot of their players will tell you about how they require a large overhead on coding investment that the other circles mostly don't have to worry about (this is true, but not to the degree they will sell it to you - if you pick a class and follow their instructions, chances are you will still be very useful and also can code your offense at your own pace). They've got RP and a lot of activity. Magick is in a lull, and Anti-Magick had been on the decline for a few months (and 'losing' a war didn't do much to help that); however, that does not really mean either of these circles lacks RP or people. Anti-Magick has a variety of active cults (where a lot of the roleplay occurs), and Magick has Svorai (who is super awesome).

The game is what you make of it - also, your perception of what the game is about is sort of a little mixed up. There's no 'right' or 'wrong' or 'good guys' or 'bad guys'. Also, the outdated view of 'councils vs. cities' did nothing to help the game's sudden focus point of circles-at-large, so it was basically tossed out by everybody but the diehards in Celidon (and rightfully so, because it was stupid) - zealotry has also really faded after the whole 'the Gods died' thing happened.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • edited January 2014
    Sarrius said:
    There are no nexii, there is no requirement to be in a city or council to use crucial skills.
      Hood tattoo.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• All of shard research, tbh.
  • I could give shard research up entirely if not for hood tattoos and disruptor forks.
  • He'll want the lesson learning bonus, if he's a novice.
  • So he'd have to join Antioch, because no other circle has it. He can spend a few minutes longer learning his skills, if he's a novice he'll spend that much time or more reading them.
  • If he was looking for easy mode op, he'd end up in AM anyways :)
  • Hi Talbain! Tbh I don't have a ton of insight to add but seeing as Tahirah went from Magick to Anti-Magick I can try and safely say that there is RP to be found in either of them, I think.  At least so far...

I play a semi-combatish Wardancer and its pretty tanky to be (Though I don't feel at all OP in ability/survivability with the lack of other Wardancers >.> ) and hunting has been pretty interesting and lucrative :)

I'm not new to IRE games either but new to Imperian. (Just coming back from a long holiday) I really, really hope you found what you're looking for from Imperian so far. Sorry I don't have more to drop in with, I'm still in the weird Iron-Realms-puberty stage where I'm getting my big-girl pants and stuff & hunting by myself now! XD Good luck & cheers.

(Only if we keep voting!)