Now Playing

2456714

Comments

  • MathiausMathiaus PennsylvaniaMember Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭✭
    Cat Stephens
    image
  • TahirahTahirah Member Posts: 102 ✭✭✭
    I now find my music lists tend to fall from listening to @Velion's lists here. Keep posting!!!
    (Only if we keep voting!)
    Velion
  • VelionVelion California, USAMember Posts: 85 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Well since you seem to like good music, here's today's list:
    The Monster - Eminem
    Tut Tut Child - Dragon Pirates(Give it a chance. Name sucks, it's actually amazing dubstep.)
    Alive - Kid Cudi
    Lie To Me - Breaking Benjamin
    TahirahCelestine
  • BathanBathan Member Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    I never played any of the Halo games, but as I've listened to some of the video game orchestras out there, this piece really stuck with me.


    ‘Least I won’t have to carry it no more. You see how bloody heavy it is?’

    ‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
  • SarciossisSarciossis Member Posts: 163 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Velion said:
    Well since you seem to like good music, here's today's list:
    The Monster - Eminem
    Tut Tut Child - Dragon Pirates(Give it a chance. Name sucks, it's actually amazing dubstep.)
    Alive - Kid Cudi
    Lie To Me - Breaking Benjamin
    If you're going to recommend Kid Cudi and Eminem, you should show some love for:
    Danny Brown - 25 Bucks
    Kendrick Lamar - m.A.A.d. City

    And just because I saw him perform in Dallas a few weeks ago:
    Talib Kweli - Get By
    MenochVelionTahirahCelestine
  • MenochMenoch Raleigh, NC, USAMember Posts: 594 ✭✭✭
    Talib Kweli? Slap some Mos Def or better yet, Black Star on that.
  • SarciossisSarciossis Member Posts: 163 ✭✭✭
    Menoch said:
    Talib Kweli? Slap some Mos Def or better yet, Black Star on that.
    Well, I really doubt that Mos is going to partner up, but if it happened I'd be down for a Black Star 2. However! At the concert, Talib brought out Res from the Idle Warship days, which was pretty awesome.

    On that note, he just dropped a new album: Gravitas

    Run the Jewels - 36 Chain
    Macklemore ft ScHoolboy Q - White Walls
    CelestineMenoch
  • SarriusSarrius Member, Beta Testers Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MFDoom and Madvillain in general have been showing up a lot on my playlists.
    SarciossisIluvMenoch
  • SarciossisSarciossis Member Posts: 163 ✭✭✭
    Sarrius said:
    MFDoom and Madvillain in general have been showing up a lot on my playlists.
    All caps when you spell the man's name!
    SarriusMenoch
  • AleutiaAleutia Member, Historian Posts: 363 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    I've had The Ugly and the Beautiful by The Real Tuesday Weld stuck in my head since I woke up
                                                   image
  • LalitanaLalitana Member Posts: 208 ✭✭✭
    Dubstep makes writing faster. Particularly Deadmau5, for some reason.
    TahirahCelestineVelion
  • IluvIluv Member Posts: 703 ✭✭✭✭
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r76vfz9CuZ0

    All I listen to is instrumental hip hop these days.
    image
    Sarciossis
  • BathanBathan Member Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been enjoying some Team Teamwork again lately.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4zhOev2YHA


    ‘Least I won’t have to carry it no more. You see how bloody heavy it is?’

    ‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
  • CelestineCelestine WisconsinMember Posts: 244 ✭✭✭
    Iluv said:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r76vfz9CuZ0

    All I listen to is instrumental hip hop these days.
    I feel like I'm in some trendy clothing store listening to that. 

    My playlist is off the wall - I listen to everything and anything. However - right now, I'd have to say its a toss up between these five songs:




    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nj4q4rfDcNw - Matt Corby: Resolution (Thanks Alonzo!)

    image
    VelionTahirah
  • VelionVelion California, USAMember Posts: 85 ✭✭✭
    Seether used to be my all time favorite band a while back. I'd have to say Fuel, Breaking Benjamin, and Seether are some of the, if not THE, best rock bands ever made.
    CelestineMenochTahirah
  • CelestineCelestine WisconsinMember Posts: 244 ✭✭✭
    Velion said:
    Seether used to be my all time favorite band a while back. I'd have to say Fuel, Breaking Benjamin, and Seether are some of the, if not THE, best rock bands ever made.
    (Please add Chevelle.)
    image
    MenochVelionTahirah
  • AhkanAhkan TexasMember Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    After pking with Bathan

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGTm8UfWHAM

    in reference to


    -1:39 is the best part
    image
    BathanKanthari
  • BathanBathan Member Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RIP ALISTAIR
    ‘Least I won’t have to carry it no more. You see how bloody heavy it is?’

    ‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
    AhkanKanthari
  • OzreasOzreas Member, Beta Testers Posts: 197 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2013

    Most heart-wrenching movie ever, 9/10 would cry again

  • AhkanAhkan TexasMember Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    image
    image
    BathanKanthariVelion
  • SarciossisSarciossis Member Posts: 163 ✭✭✭
    Listening to now:
    Blackroc - Dollas and Sense
    and
    Rebecca Ferguson - Glitter & Gold because Kanthari.
    Kanthari
  • RaykelRaykel RomaniaMember Posts: 67 ✭✭✭
    - Old Romanian rock music.
  • TahirahTahirah Member Posts: 102 ✭✭✭
    3DG - Chalk Outline
    Halestorm (all of them)
    and because it's Yule:
    Under a Violet Moon - Blackmore's Night
    (Only if we keep voting!)
    Celestine
  • CadeyrnCadeyrn Member Posts: 188 ✭✭✭
    Raykel said:
    Old Romanian rock music.
    That drummer has the best hair, and they all look like they are just about to have a good time, then remember where they are and stop.
    Raykel
  • CelestineCelestine WisconsinMember Posts: 244 ✭✭✭
    My best friend is trying her hardest to get me into Dubstep...I'm just not a fan of it. I feel like I don't want to give up -just yet-. She showed me: Crywolf - The Home We Made Part II (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EVbGvvoqos) and its not that bad. Does anyone else have any other suggestions?
    image
  • VelionVelion California, USAMember Posts: 85 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Celestine said:
    My best friend is trying her hardest to get me into Dubstep...I'm just not a fan of it. I feel like I don't want to give up -just yet-. She showed me: Crywolf - The Home We Made Part II (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EVbGvvoqos) and its not that bad. Does anyone else have any other suggestions?
    You just asked the -right- question. In my opinion, Flux Pavilion and Nero are the best dubstep artists out there. Some other great ones are Zedd, Calvin Harris(pseudo dubstep), and Flinch, to name a few. I Can't Stop and Cracks(both by Flux Pavilion) are what got me into dubstep. If anyone tells you Skrillex is good(a lot of people will), they're lying. Only his remixes are decent, and even then, he kinda sucks. I'll list a few of my favorites, so you can see some examples of good dubstep.

    Daydreamer - Flux Pavilion
    Won't You (Be There) - Nero
    Blue - Gemini
    Light It Up - Flinch
    I Remember - Tristam
    When I'm Gone - Flinch
    Raindrops (ft. Carmen Forbes) - Fytch & Captain Crunch

    So, start out with those. In general, if you see something by Flux or Nero, it's good.

    Edit: If you want more, just ask. I have hundreds.
    Menoch
  • IluvIluv Member Posts: 703 ✭✭✭✭
    skream, benga and digital mystiks for late 2000s dubstep. its more bare bones and darker(not overproduced anthems) like the stuff you hear nowadays.
    image
    VelionSarriusSarciossis
  • CelestineCelestine WisconsinMember Posts: 244 ✭✭✭
    Velion said:
    Celestine said:
    My best friend is trying her hardest to get me into Dubstep...I'm just not a fan of it. I feel like I don't want to give up -just yet-. She showed me: Crywolf - The Home We Made Part II (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EVbGvvoqos) and its not that bad. Does anyone else have any other suggestions?
    You just asked the -right- question. In my opinion, Flux Pavilion and Nero are the best dubstep artists out there. Some other great ones are Zedd, Calvin Harris(pseudo dubstep), and Flinch, to name a few. I Can't Stop and Cracks(both by Flux Pavilion) are what got me into dubstep. If anyone tells you Skrillex is good(a lot of people will), they're lying. Only his remixes are decent, and even then, he kinda sucks. I'll list a few of my favorites, so you can see some examples of good dubstep.

    Daydreamer - Flux Pavilion
    Won't You (Be There) - Nero
    Blue - Gemini
    Light It Up - Flinch
    I Remember - Tristam
    When I'm Gone - Flinch
    Raindrops (ft. Carmen Forbes) - Fytch & Captain Crunch

    So, start out with those. In general, if you see something by Flux or Nero, it's good.

    Edit: If you want more, just ask. I have hundreds.

    Iluv said:
    skream, benga and digital mystiks for late 2000s dubstep. its more bare bones and darker(not overproduced anthems) like the stuff you hear nowadays.
    Thanks guys. I'll take a look at work today! :)
    image
  • IluvIluv Member Posts: 703 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    tbh dubstep is boring and not the greatest just for listening with headphones (unless you got some major cans) i would skip it and go straight to post-dubstep

    slugabed's time team is a great album to start with



    if you got 30 minute to spare you can watch his live set here

    image
  • BathanBathan Member Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahkan showed me a hilarious League of Legends video, and I really enjoyed this song from it. It's basically been my Imperian teamfight music of choice. The soundbytes really make it for me: 'Round one!' 'You win!' 'You lose!'

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CzBYn7iRS
    ‘Least I won’t have to carry it no more. You see how bloody heavy it is?’

    ‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
    Ahkan
Sign In or Register to comment.