Skip to content

Perhaps ya'll can help!

2»

Comments

• That email got ignored on 12/19/11.  This would have been around the time ya'll broke your game for me.
  • Unfortunately, I just don't see anything on our end that could cause this. If something at our ISP was blocking your ability to connect, I would expect that you wouldn't be able to see the welcome message at all.

Can you try just a plain telnet connection to Imperian, without any MUD client's settings/triggers to get in the way?
  • RenniRenni New Zealand
    Silly question... Do you have mudlet autofilling in your login details, and then you're trying to login at the same time, so it's mudlet's sending your char name through as your password instead of the password itself? :/
  • I wont be at that location until Tuesday.  I took that computer home just to see if the computer was fouling, but it works fine at my house.  

Renni, this is not client side.  I've tried Mudlet, their HTML5, Tiny, CMUD, but will have to try a plain telnet connection (which wont work).

I'm growing pretty tired of hearing that its on my side.  As Jesse has said a few times, I just can't see it being on my side when:  I can connect to all other IRE games, I can connect to any other internet widget that requires a login and password, and have had this problem in the past from MULTIPLE DIFFERENT LOCATIONS THROUGHOUT central Arkansas WHICH WAS CLEARED FOR THE MOST PART some time after an HTML5 fix.

Nothing about any of that says my bad.  Yah dig?
  • Yeah, I totally understand your frustration, Shiln. I wish I could be more help, but without actually being physically present at the location that you're having trouble with, it's really hard for me to try and remotely diagnose this.
  • You could try Teamviewer, like Azefel does for everybody else having trouble with Imperian.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • Shiln mentioned that the problems he was having were from his work location. I'd be a little hesitant to request access to someone's machine at work so that I could help them try and connect to a game.
  • Is it possible you have your numpad on, or have 2 aliased to something inclient?
    Septus says, "Not Ashani!"
  • Depends on what client you are using... most of them, yes (as far as I know, all). The method varies a bit between clients, but you should be able to.
  • Plain telnet failed in the exact fashion of all other clients.  I'll bring another machine from home to hook up to the internet here, just for giggles.  I'm pretty imprssed with this problem, by the way.  Few things stump everyone.  

Thanks for all the input everyone.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Like poverty, homelessness and telnet issues.
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • I installed a packet sniffer.

When I connect to the game, it shoots me this IP (not the IP mudlet shows): 69.65.42.238. Telnet fails. SSH says "login as:"

HTML goes: Internal error! Internal Error (gameid not set):
    Please notify the administrator and/or try again later.

Is this proper behavior? Did I put too much info on blast? ;p

Jack
  • edited December 2013
    Server: 204.202.20.2
    Address: 204.202.20.2#53

Non-authoritative answer:
    238.42.65.69.in-addr.arpa name = iron-web.ironrealms.com

ETA: So that's the DNS record for the web server, it looks like.
    EDIT 2: If you succeed in getting a connection to the game, though, it's probably because a router redirects you when you try to connect via imperian's game ports
    I am the righteous one... 
    the claims are stated - it's the world I've created