Skip to content

Combat Questions

Hi. I'm new here, and I've been seeking answers in game to questions I have about combat, but it's been quite difficult to get elaborated or comprehensive answers. If this isn't the right place to create the topic, apologies!

Question 1: How long does it take for restoration to cure 'shattered limbs' - as someone from my guild called it. 

Question 2: Is the salve balance recovered the instant the limb is cured after this delay?

Question 3: Is there any affliction that prevents the ability to WRITHE from a blade? And if there isn't, is there any affliction that SLOWS that method of curing? I was thinking shattered legs, but I haven't been able to find an answer from my guild. 

Question 4: How fast typically is a Templar able to doubleslash at (With sabres), and how long is herb balance? 

Question 5: How long does it take from smoking linseed to the rebounding aura coming up?

Question 6: Can Templars 'Lock' an opponent? My guild told me we can deliver all of the afflictions necessary but they didn't really elaborate any further. If someone could also tell me all of the lock afflictions and their corresponding cures, thanks. 

That's all I have right now, but I'm sure I'll have more soon. This isn't just my thread of course, so I'd encourage other people to ask questions too

Comments

• AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited June 2013
    1. 6 seconds.

2.  Barring butisol (slow salves), salve balance is recovered when it's fixed.

3. Nothing stops writhe. Torso damage increases writhe time. Rigidity also increases writhe time.

4. Between 2.0-2.5s for sabres, ~2.5s

5. Aura should be 6s.

6. Templars can, but you'd have to mirror impatience on to someone. Most knights stack same herb afflictions. Its hard to stick anorexia without impatience.

• edited June 2013
    Focusing cures anorexia? Someone in my guild says Focusing doesn't cure any of the lock afflictions. Awkward.

So if herb balance is 2.5s, roughly, at minimum (typically) sabres jab at the same speed as herb balance? With two venoms at a time? That sounds nice. 

1. How long is raze balance? (Someone in the guild told me it is dependent on weapon speed stat) It seems as if sabre slash speed is around 2.5 seconds, and it only takes six seconds for Linseed to come up, that's at most two doubleslashes per rebounding cycle including raze time?

• AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited June 2013
    You can use AFFLICTION SHOW <affliction> and it will show you this:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Affliction:    anorexia
    Cure message:  Food is no longer repulsive to you.
    Diagnose:      anorexic.
    Cure:          epidermal
    Physical:      No
    Mental:        Yes
    Can be purged: Yes

Causes you to be unable to eat or drink anything.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mental can be focused.
    Purged can be purged using purge blood.

Raze itself is static, regardless of weapon. Pretty sure it can be modified by racial balance. Mine is 2.2 in strong.

Raze-slash is weapon dependent, it should be the same (or very close) to your dsl balance.
  • Are there any experts in the Monk class/Taekate I can talk to in-game about balances/break points, etcetera?
  • IIRC, you have to be on balance to start the writhe from impale, unless that changed and I wasn't aware of it.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• Khizan said:
    IIRC, you have to be on balance to start the writhe from impale, unless that changed and I wasn't aware of it.
    It didn't
  • Kalvon said:

Are there any experts in the Monk class/Taekate I can talk to in-game about balances/break points, etcetera?

Ask Septus or Azefel.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • You can't give impatience (outside of mirror as has already been said), but penance is a fairly solid substitute. Its a smoke cure (so if you have the rest of the locking affs stuck they can't cure it), and it passively delivers affs on a fast timer. You will be counting on focus not catching anorexia at that point, but given templar damage output you really don't need it stuck for very long.

You really don't need to lock though, if you get someone to that point you're generally just covering your bases. They'll likely (should if you're doing your job properly) have sunallergy/nausea/sensitivity, which are going to mean your damage is getting pretty insane without even factoring in flare.

To confirm, raze is modified by racial balance bonus/penalties. If you're using sabres rsl will almost always be a better option.

• Over a month since the last combat post on these forums? Damn. 

I was wondering if anyone had a list of all the afflictions in the game, preferably class-by-class, along with the triggers, and then what cures them? It might be a lot to ask for, but any variant would be excellent. 

Thanks.
  • Try AFFLICTION LIST ALL in game.
  • edited July 2013
    What is the balance on "Deadeyes", with a +2 balance statpack?

I am also curious as to how often the Nightmare hits a person, and how often Hellsight actually hits with an affliction (And what afflictions are given through it: I am most curious as to whether or not slickness can be given). They are summoned through the pentagram, right? One pentagram per room, and so you could effectively place a nightmare in every room with Night/Pentagram in it, or not? 

I was also told that the Fiend and Daemonite are not restricted to a single room, is that the case?

Does Fiend have a chance to afflict with Haemophilia?
  • You can probably tweak with your CONFIGs - there is one for the first question, I believe it is CONFIG SHOWBALANCE ON.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • Each level of racial balance is a 10% decrease in balance time. This is multiplicative, so level 2 is 81% of neutral balance, not 80%.
    I am the righteous one... 
    the claims are stated - it's the world I've created 
  • I can't use deadeyes, that's why I'm asking. I've since been told it's around 2.4/2.5, which seems fairly good.
  • level 0 - 3.0s
    level 1 -2.7s (mathed this)
    level 2 - 2.44s (w/ lich this is 2.1s)
  • Nightmare hits with hellsight that itself causes further mental afflictions. It is important to note that the initial hit of hellsight does not give any affliction save hellsight itself.

Slickness is not included in the list of hellsight afflictions.

I am fairly sure you can't have multiple nightmares.. though thinking about it, I've never tried myself.

Daemonite can be made to follow you from room to room. Fiend, like nightmare, is bound to the pentagram it was summoned in.

The fiend doesn't give haemophilia or indeed any afflictions.

• You cannot have more than 1 fiend or nightmare out at one time.
  • Ah, so it's a one-per-Diabolist restriction as opposed to a one-per-pentagram(room) restriction? That's too bad. Likewise that Nightmare doesn't give slickness

@Ahkan - What is the "lich" you speak of?

(Really want to play a Diabolist now, but ugh the cost requirement to transcend class skills :/)
  • Lich is one of the forms you can pick from with AB NECROMANCY ANIMATE. As a diabolist, it gives you faster deadeyes attacks which puts them down at 2.1s in Fast statpack - as already mentioned. So you need Transcendent Necromancy to get a hold of that. 

I'd recommend getting Evileye first of all so you can hunt and get more credits and lessons that way. Probably want Putrefaction after that for better resists and also gaining Vigour on the way there, both giving you more survivability both when hunting and PKing. Then go for Malignosis if you want to PK and aide your group with something other than afflictions. Shadowstrike is early on for example, which is a nice way to control the target. 
  • Ah, that looks really useful. Herb balance is 2 seconds right? A 2.1 deadeyes looks seriously fast. Now to just get 5200 lessons or so to transcend the class skills... ;_;
  • The problem with diabolist is the common one to aff classes: it is an absolute pain to track afflictions efficiently, and most of evileye affs don't have any kind of messages. Nightmare dies absurdly fast, even without a blessed weapon.

Diabolist has had an influx of changes, very needed after a sequence of classleads plus autocuring basically made the profession unplayable.
  • It's still a solid profession, even if it still might need some adjustments. Just track your afflictions as smart as possible and you'll do fine. Excellent profession in shardfalls I might add, due to Catharsis for fast kills and Shadowstrike for good crowd control (both found in Malignosis). Still one of the better bashing professions as well. I think you'll enjoy it ;)
  • Let us not forget the (soon to be defunct) 'mash kelp affs on aeoned targets' thing it brings to the table for shardfalls.
  • Any profession can do that though.
  • Labil said:
    Any profession can do that though.
    True, true - but hey, it's something they bring to the table!

In all seriousness though, the profession can catharsis/absolve and that is pretty devastating in teams where your target is also getting pummeled for a ton of their health all the damn time.
  • MenochMenoch Raleigh, NC, USA
    Sarrius said:
    Labil said:
    Any profession can do that though.
    True, true - but hey, it's something they bring to the table!

In all seriousness though, the profession can catharsis/absolve and that is pretty devastating in teams where your target is also getting pummeled for a ton of their health all the damn time.
    So only if a diabolist decides to start cross circle teaming with AM or Magick?
  • AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited July 2013
    Man, diabolists draining mana while the rest of their team attacks must be a unique problem that only the Demonic circle has access to! Hmph! If only they could do damage and mana-damage at the same time.

The biggest problem with tracking for diabolist is mental afflictions. At the end of the day, you're really kind of playing affliction cure roulette and the only way to find out if you were wrong or not is to go for the clunky mechanic called "infirmity" and find out if you won at roulette or lost.

*Infirmity is clunky because you can't breach with it, but it's stopped by curseward and it does not breach one its own.
  • What is this "Purge Blood"? How often can you do it and what exactly does it cure, and is it an instant cure? Does it also show a 3rd person message when a person does it? It sounds like a pain and something that shouldn't really be available to everyone ... (Maybe for certain classes)
  • edited July 2013
    If can cure any toxin physical affliction (except hemotoxin obviously, since it is blocked by it, and benzene/benzedrine), once every 15 seconds. It does show a third party message when used.

Also, since you are asking questions about combat mechanics, not really sure you shouldn't be advocating about what should and what shouldn't be available to everyone.
  • I can't tell from your posts how much experience you have with Imperian, IRE, and coding in general. To summarize everyone else's posts, if you don't have a lot of coding experience or just want a more accessible(read: good) class, Diabolist isn't for you. If you like coding things, attempting to track things where half of everything you track is a complete guess, and/or are just generally masochistic, Diab is great! Oh, and we like to target Diabs early because nobody likes being Cath'd.