Skip to content

New Artifacts Wishlist

Comments

• Ahkan said:
    Killed Cassius, +3 eyeballs Total: 6 eyeballs <-- the formatting on this line is dumb. This is your fault @Cassius
    Nobody likes that guy.
  • Any new artifact wishes on your minds? I have a couple left on my list, but we're still deciding whether we should include them. Player ideas are always welcome, since we're sometimes a little out of touch with what will improve your day-to-day lives.

Flavor artifacts and quality-of-life changes are easy to approve. Artifact ideas with combat impact are more than welcome, but they take more consideration so will be slower to be implemented (if they are at all).

Shower me with your ideas!
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Horn of Everbalancing Odds: When blown, 50% of your enemy's Zerglings switch loyalties and swear fealty to your glorious cause.
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • edited December 2014
    Do we get to pick who we take? Dibs on Wysrias.

On topic, can we steal artifacts from other IRE games? I feel like these would make sense given the upcoming usefulness of more than just Sabre and Claymore.

Bracers of proficiency (90 Iron Coins)
      - All weapon proficiencies will be clear as day and come as second 
        nature while these fine bracers are worn.
  • MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    edited December 2014
    Summoner's Horn - decrease time spent summoning loyals by 33%.

(fun ones)
    Squirt bottle - Make your pet obey no matter what.

Golden Shovel of Conking - If someone dirt traps you, dig yourself out with this glorious shovel and kill them instantly with a mighty bash to their cheap face.

Expensive Brand-named Makeup Kit - Make anyone doing LOOK at you become afflicted with lovers.

The Heist Goggles - Be in the same room when someone deposits gold into a bank. Have access to their funds for a limited time.

The Coachmen's Trap - Set this at your city's or council's coachmen. Whenever someone attacks your city's or council's coachmen, a flare it sent from the trap and frightens the coach's horses to trample the attacker until their a pile of crushed goo.

• An annoying, chirping bird - Lets you deliver 140 character messages with embedded images to everyone you @mark.

An eye-shaped sonophone - Records everything said in your location and uploads it to a playing device that's located at vnum3885. This feature has a toggle, but it doesn't work.

Goggle Glasses - Same as above, but also records emotes.

• Stick of Stickiness- Prevents non-loyal NPCs from exiting your location.

Echo-Locator - Shows you the direction to your chosen NPC target.

Orbital Satellite - Allows you to PATH FIND to your NPC target. (upgrade to the one above)

Shard Magnet - Allows you to harvest 10 shards with a reduced balance time (Maybe at the cost of 1 shard).

Captain's Tricorne - Allows you to plunder caravans with a reduced balance time.

Butcher's Blade - Allows you to harvest trophies from enemies you have slain, example trophies: Scalp, Ear, Eye, Nose, Finger, Toe, Skull.

Bounty Hunter's Bandolier- Allows you to add trophies to the bandolier, similar to the Underworld charmbracelet.
  • Caravan crop already exists.

So does an ear taking one.

• Cassius said:
    Caravan crop already exists. So does an ear taking one.
    I had no idea the caravan crop sped up plundering, that makes it seem even more absurdly long.
  • edited December 2014
    A Gray Mouser - This swift feline catches and removes rats from the list of rewards you can receive while plundering caravans.

Ten Rolls of Sterile Gauze - An essential part of every Boy Scout's first aid kit, though you may have overdone it. When using the Bandages skill, you do not expend balance or cloth commodities. 
  • Cadeyrn said:

Cassius said:
    Caravan crop already exists. So does an ear taking one.
    I had no idea the caravan crop sped up plundering, that makes it seem even more absurdly long.
    It's supposed to take a long time to plunder caravans, so that other people have a chance to go slap you around while you're doing it.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• At this point, since we're releasing 'weapon master' classes, I think it would be a missed opportunity if you did not sell morphing weapons along side the super proficiency items from aetolia.

Or at least release a system where you can slowly assemble your own artifact morpher over time.

• An arti which lets a Defiler's treant get a little visible piece of the last person said treant got the skin from. Maybe in its extended desc or even Short desc! ie "The skin of Raziya is grotesquely sewn into the vines and thorns of this hideous treant."
  • an artifact letterholder -- it would hold up to 50 (?) letters, and letters within the letterholder would not decay.
  • You can just preserve the letter and it'll last forever and can be stored in anything, and preserving 50 letters would cost 50k.

Just preserve letters and cram them in a token pack, imo.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

More of a change than new, but I'd like to see the artifact boomerang changed to sometimes bypass mass a percentage of the time or have another way to be effective.
  • edited December 2014
    Mathiaus said:

More of a change than new, but I'd like to see the artifact boomerang changed to sometimes bypass mass a percentage of the time or have another way to be effective.

This is pretty much in line with similar profession abilities that share the mass restriction or some other conditional.
  • For Ultrix:

An item that allows you to have -two- pets out at once. I.E. A mount and a ratting pet. Or a glamour pet and a ratting pet. 

^If you don't think people will pay for this, you do not understand your players. (Not shocked face)

With the new weapon system, it would behoove you (aka make more money) to streamline how you sell weapon artifacts. Your argument has been the cost of weapons is proportional to an increase in damage, speed, and to hit! $$$$ That's not the case anymore. Artifact weapons are just raw increases in base damage. Your cost should be adjusted accordingly.

Additionally,  you would make an absolute killing if you could:
    1) Buy morpher weapons

2) Combine multiple artifacts in a build your own morphing weapon. By the base weapon for like 200cr, add an additional weapon level for 150, level 2 for 250, level 3 for 350 or something. Like a customizable swiss army knife.
  • Mathiaus said:
    Chance to move someone up to ten rooms in a linear direction, only stopped by shielding? This sounds terrible.
    Basilisk Lure is nothing like this apparently, especially without a 350 credit price tag. Completely see your point.

I'd be fine with it moving one space each throw, especially with the linear restriction.
  • edited December 2014
    Mathiaus said:
    Basilisk Lure is nothing like this apparently, especially without a 350 credit price tag. Completely see your point.

I'd be fine with it moving one space each throw, especially with the linear restriction.
    In general, I'm not sure why anyone would you think that beckon/lure should be a general skill available to every class instead of the specific one class per circle they are designed for.  And your right about cost, tri-transing a profession is approximately worth 900 credits.

And no boomerang is not a comparable skill to beckon/lure.  A comparable skill would be renegade/assassin yank, except that boomerrang works multiple rooms rather than adjacent only.
  • The comparable skill is the Outrider axe grab, which is functionally identical to the boomerang.

• An artifact to make the skin on a treant unable to be attacked off. :D:D:D

But seriously, and much more fun, I once asked if an item token could be used for a custom churata cigar and got shot down, understandably. However, I know I would totally buy a custom churata if it had, like, customizable smoke messages or whatever.  That would be an amazing way to promote my horrible health habits.

I think an artifact that re-adds the old noctu encipher/decipher flavor mechanic back to the game would be pretty hecka sweet.

Today we shall die.
  • Token Item? @ churata
     You say, "This is much harder than just being a normal person."
  • Oystir said:
    Token Item? @ churata

Linslet said:
     I once asked if an item token could be used for a custom churata cigar and got shot down.

Today we shall die.
  • I skim read 100% of the time.
     You say, "This is much harder than just being a normal person."
  • Even bigger ally/enemy artifact, for the hoarder in us all.
  • Something that lets all or most taming commands be done from range. A doggie talkie or something. I don't care so much about the attacks, but being able to scout around with a mob like Dar with his little ferrets would be nice.

A one shot arti that lets you set your birthday, with the year staying the same.

Something that makes cloak and ghost last forever. It also aggravates me conceptually that you need the shroud arti to get the aspect perk to do it for cloak, but it's not like I'll be aspect for another year or five anyway.

• An artifact that turns a set piece into another set piece. Like a piece of granite.
  • Everyone laughs, but I would totally pay like 50 cr for something like that.
    Today we shall die.