Skip to content

I HEART

Comments

• Haha, yeah. The tri-force team was epic.
  • edited February 2013
    snip
  • edited February 2013
    EDIT: Highroad
    I am the righteous one... 
    the claims are stated - it's the world I've created 
  • I heart Ahkan teaching me (through reading an old forum post) that the herb balance is why people use Oxalis. Honestly didn't realize before.

Not a combatant afterall.

• I <3 becoming a Sect. I put up an unedited log of the event on NOGFX but I'm sure someone else will put up a much cleaner edited one here on the forums.
  • "pegasus297196"          a dashing rainbow pegasus pony

This little pony stands about as tall as a human's knees. Her coat is a curious sky-blue shade, and her mane and tail are coloured in stripes of every colour of the rainbow. A natural mark on each flank depicts a white cloud shooting a rainbow-hued bolt of lightning. Her wings sit neatly upon her back, but flare up easily when she is excited.
  • Nothing immerses me in a roleplaying game like blatant copyright infringement!
    I am the righteous one... 
    the claims are stated - it's the world I've created 
  • Lionas said:
    Nothing immerses me in a roleplaying game like blatant copyright infringement!
    Dun worry, it's not real. :P
  • Lionas said:
    Nothing immerses me in a roleplaying game like blatant copyright infringement!
    Things Lionas is allergic to (part 2):
    - Nature
    - Capsaicin
    - Poor Grammar
    - Fun
    - My Little Pony
  • MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania

Coding everything into five set aliases.

• edited February 2013
    (Clan): Khizan says, "All I know is I was holding up pretty well under the team's fire."

(Clan): Khizan says, "And then Darin went beastmode."

• Darin at the start of the fight:

H:640/640 M:314/340 E:100 W:100 <eb> <db> 
    Darin's aura of weapons rebounding disappears.
    Darin plunges a hunter's spear deep into your thigh and pulls its blade up the length of your body with a forceful lever motion, leaving a long trail
    of split flesh.
    Damage Taken: 84 cutting, physical (raw damage: 248)
    H:555/640 M:314/340 E:100 W:100 <eb> <db>

Darin at the end of the fight:

H:309/640 M:192/340 E:98 W:87 <-b> <>
    Darin plunges a hunter's spear deep into your thigh and pulls its blade up the length of your body with a forceful lever motion, leaving a long trail
    of split flesh.
    Damage Taken: 232 cutting, physical (raw damage: 558)
    You are confused as to the effects of the toxin.
    You are afflicted with an unknown affliction.
    H:77/640 M:192/340 E:98 W:87 <-b> <>

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• What the jesus. Aren't you like Supertank?

What the hell was that?

• That my friend, was Darin going "Beast Mode On" :) Actually we all tried to replicated it later, and failed to do so to some extent.

• Ziat tells you, "I'm going to raid the hell out of your city. Remember that."
    Finally a war, something for me to do.
  • ITS WAR

You only posted on single tell though. I'd love a war but not sure how much support I'll get from Celidon :( 
  • Well, Juran's already raided Celidon 4 times before that tell was sent, not to mention the attacks on townes and whatnot. I'm not surprised.
  • Wars suck, because raiding sucks. 

I'm all for skirmishes, but I have no desire to corpserush guard clots or spend hours trying to rootstrip people who can't use a hood tattoo.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• Wars are old and busted. 
  • Ahkan said:
    Wars are old and busted. 
    Don't misinterpret this as a YOU DON'T EVEN LIFT BRO kind of challenge, but do you guys have any ideas for making city/city conflict more exciting?
  • I can always count on Juran's relentless boredom to start a war.
    ‘Least I won’t have to carry it no more. You see how bloody heavy it is?’

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
  • AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited February 2013
    Eusto said:
    Ahkan said:
    Wars are old and busted. 
    Don't misinterpret this as a YOU DON'T EVEN LIFT BRO kind of challenge, but do you guys have any ideas for making city/city conflict more exciting?
    -Wars always boil down into raids. Raids are -always- off hours. Raids are usually only fun for 1% of the people involved. Even participating in a raid is boring. It's like 8 people going fishing and one person has a rod and reel. 

-Raids favor ranged combat because guards are so badass. Ranged combat sucks for 99% of the people participating. That being said, some people really get off on ranged combat. Guards as they are now either suck or rock because the guard types are meh. Khizan|Myself|Lionas and some guards? GG defenders. Someone who doesn't know what's going on with guards? GG raiders. 

-Ranged combat is not only boring, it's pointless (unless you're AM). People will dispute this, but they'd be biased/wrong. Hood nullifies roots and dopplegangers (which I think is sorta cool) but leaves a giant gap for the unstoppable command tumble. (Which they cried when it was used on them, but it's totally balanced now).

-If you take out ranged combat all together, raids are nearly impossible to pull off. Guards are necessary to make up for off hours action (the hallmark of raiding). If you can't ranged out the security aide (a problem Demonic and Magick already face) you're just going to get guard blitzed and summarily destroyed.  (There's a lot of variables in here that I didn't mention to be brief. Mechanisms of wall destruction, seeking, tracking, etc)

-Raids are used as pk farms. The last raid I participated in was because Juran was either #butthurt or #bored. If we went on typical Imperian logic, I'd yell, scream, and coerce my team into countering the raid. This is a pretty meh response. What's going to happen is that it's going to actively endorse the raiders coming back. They're not raiding for any particular reason (though I'm sure they'll retcon one in) they're raiding to provoke the response to raid some more so they can get some l33t peekayz in. I know this because I was guilty of it. 

-Because raids are used as pk farms, pkers go in with incredibly low standards to the already hair triggers. Did you hear that? Kanthari used the word careful. Careful has CAR in it which could sound like guard if Kanthari were choking. Kanthari is moving guards! Mind lock Kanthari. Mind command Kanthari tumble n. Mind crush Kanthari. When really, all Kanthari said was, "Careful, you'll spill the glitter."

With all this, I don't see raids being easy to balance or have fun in. More so now since you can't kill defenders for defending. If you do anything, it'd have to take place outside of a city or in some fabricated area that was opt-in, like a pk instance (could be cool). That way, you guarantee non-involvement and people can opt out after they've gotten curb stomped 5 times. 

tl;dr: It's hard (nigh impossible) to make raiding fun.

• Ahkan said:
    Hood nullifies roots and dopplegangers (which I think is sorta cool) but leaves a giant gap for the unstoppable command tumble. 

You're right about everything else, but command tumble is totally stoppable. 

And since I'm not AM and won't be in the forseeable future, I have nothing to lose by telling people how to stop it.

So here's how you stop it: autocuring off|outr mandrake|eat mandrake|sleep

And then you spam the everliving hell out of it. Since they know you can sleep it, they'll try a crush to wake you up so the tumble will complete. So you spam the crap out of sleep to ensure that you get back to sleep before the tumble would complete. While an absolutely 100% perfectly timed crush would still get them a completion on it, that's very unlikely. I've never personally had that happen to me.

Aside from that, you can't tumble out of a flood, and getting put to sleep by SOMEBODY ELSE will stop the tumble regardless of whether or not you wake up, so any ally with a double-sleep can save you. 

• Gurn said:
    Well, Juran's already raided Celidon 4 times before that tell was sent, not to mention the attacks on townes and whatnot. I'm not surprised.

I've raided Celidon once in the recent past, just yesterday to kill Sumie. But I'm happy to have a reason to log in regardless.
  • Khizan said:
    Wars suck, because raiding sucks. 

I'm all for skirmishes, but I have no desire to corpserush guard clots or spend hours trying to rootstrip people who can't use a hood tattoo.

A modern 'war' isn't going to really be clearing cities of guards and such, unless it really escalates because that's a very boring prospect and in general much harder to achieve.

Sitting in the city or townes trying to goad people to attack you, camping outside trying to goad people to attack you, maybe picking off a few loose stray guards in townes or whatever when opportunity provides itself - that's 'war' as far as war goes these days.

• Khizan said:

Ahkan said:
    Hood nullifies roots and dopplegangers (which I think is sorta cool) but leaves a giant gap for the unstoppable command tumble. 

You're right about everything else, but command tumble is totally stoppable. 

And since I'm not AM and won't be in the forseeable future, I have nothing to lose by telling people how to stop it.

So here's how you stop it: autocuring off|outr mandrake|eat mandrake|sleep

And then you spam the everliving hell out of it. Since they know you can sleep it, they'll try a crush to wake you up so the tumble will complete. So you spam the crap out of sleep to ensure that you get back to sleep before the tumble would complete. While an absolutely 100% perfectly timed crush would still get them a completion on it, that's very unlikely. I've never personally had that happen to me.

Aside from that, you can't tumble out of a flood, and getting put to sleep by SOMEBODY ELSE will stop the tumble regardless of whether or not you wake up, so any ally with a double-sleep can save you. 

Haha, I've lost that to a ping war :( 

-crush
    -sleepsleepsleepsleepsleep...wait
    -tumble
    -braziered

*sadface*
  • H:418(100%) M:358(85%) E:1990 X:73.63 <eb><db>
    Sudden rememberance dawning upon you, you quickly move through the surrounding area to
    your memorised location.
    Along a swinging bridge.
    A smattering of clouds fills the sky, lacing it with spiderwebs of grey. This has been
    marked as holy ground. Staring with great resolve, a round-faced harrier is here looking
    directly at you. Rekhan Bonecaster stands watch here, gnawing on a thin piece of bone. An
    elite Warden lancer is manning a netthrower here. He has eighty-eight nets. Its fur
    crusted with ice, the wendigo of the Ithaqua looms here.
    You see exits leading north and south.
    H:418(100%) M:358(85%) E:1990 X:73.63 <eb><db>
    You put your fingers to your lips and give a sharp whistle.
    A spotted lynx pads silently in from the ether.
    Nose twitching, a skittish snowshoe hare cautiously hops in from the ether.
    Cawing harshly, a dark crow flaps in from the ether.
    Fangs bared in a warning snarl, a fierce wolverine lumbers in from the ether.
    A graceful gyrfalcon flies in from the ether.
    Ears pricked forward, an elusive snow leopard skulks in from the ether.
    Equilibrium Taken: 3.20s
    H:418(100%) M:358(85%) E:1990 X:73.63 <-b><db>
    Ahkan, Aleutia, Lionas, and Mena enter from the ether following Selthis, riding Hokhokw,
    the Roc.
    They are followed by a ravenous hound, a ravenous hound, and undead remains of a ravenous
    hound.
    H:418(100%) M:358(85%) E:1990 X:73.63 <-b><db>

I heart that something like this finally happened to me.

• Sent By: (Imperian) On 2/22/2013/22:46
    Bug #52423 has been resolved: We now have a tailoring pattern for 'cravat'. Thank you for the suggestion!

Yesssss. Men with cravats. :D
  • "Bug #51246 has been resolved: Parasol has been added to tailoring! Thank you for your suggestion!"

• What the hell is a cravat?