Liquid Rifts

edited December 2019 in Imperial News
ANNOUNCE NEWS 3925
Date: 2019-12-06 03:29:00
Author: Eoghan
To: Everyone
Subject: Liquid Rifts

Hello, Imperian!

I've just loaded a rather significant change to the way curative fluids are handled: Liquid Rifts!

Here's the summary: liquids are no longer stored in Vialbelts and subject to the decay thereof. Instead, they are stored in a personal Liquid Rift that every character possesses. Vialbelts are required to access this liquid rift, so you'll still need to have one, but the vialbelt itself won't be used to contain the fluids. You'll want to VIALBELT TRANSFER ALL FROM <vialbelt>.

While this seems like a minor change, it modernizes, simplifies, and speeds up the code for refilling vials, and makes fluid maintenance a lot more usable overall for characters.

What does this mean?
The following commands have been REMOVED (because their functionality has been transferred to the liquid rift).
VBELT FILL
VBELT TAP
REFILL VIALBELT FROM <flask>.
Also, VIALBELT TRANSFER has been reworked to move fluids from legacy vialbelts into your liquid rift.

The following new commands (all of which require holding a vialbelt) have been ADDED:
ILR - short for "info liquid rift". This is a shortcut for the LIQUIDRIFT SUMMARY command.
LIQUIDRIFT - the top-level command for interacting with the liquid rift.
LIQUIDRIFT SUMMARY - view the contents of your liquid rift
LIQUIDRIFT FILL FROM <container> - transfer the contents of a fluid container into your liquid rift
LIQUIDRIFT TAP <vial> <fluid> - fill an empty vial from your liquid rift
LIQUIDRIFT TAP EMPTY <list of fluids> - fill multiple empty vials with the specified fluids at once
LIQUIDRIFT MISSING - Tells you what fluids are missing from your rift. This is experimental, please BUG any oddities.
REFILL RIFT FROM <flask> [amount] - Buy refills from a shop directly into your liquid rift. This must be done in multiples of 50 (the size of a standard vial). Leaving out the amount will buy as many as possible.

In addition, the automatic refilling of vials now comes from the liquid rift, and does NOT come from vialbelts. Any liquids in vialbelts have only one purpose - to be transferred into a liquid rift.

The amount of any given fluid that can be placed in your liquid rift is limited as follows:
 3000 if you own a standard vialbelt
 5000 if you own a level one artifact vialbelt
 8000 if you own a level two artifact vialbelt
12000 if you own a level three artifact vialbelt
20000 if you own a level four artifact vialbelt

There is no longer any gain from owning multiple vialbelts - they won't increase your rift size.

If you have any questions about this new system, please let me know! You can send me a message, discuss this on Discord, or post on the forums. If you run into bugs or typos, please file them in the normal way!

Penned by my hand on the 3rd of Naturalis, in the year 209 AM.
Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote

Comments

• This is cool.

I don't know how much work it would be, but what if 'liquidrift summary' had a (*) next to a fluid if it was currently present in your inventory. It would make refilling after vial decay or whatever much easier.
    You grabbed my hand and we fell into it
    Like a daydream.. or a fever
  • Naruj said:
    This is cool.

I don't know how much work it would be, but what if 'liquidrift summary' had a (*) next to a fluid if it was currently present in your inventory. It would make refilling after vial decay or whatever much easier.
    I'll add this at some point in the future (requiring elixlist).
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • Would you please update the World Announce to reference this announce post?

It's a big enough change that some attention brought to it would be beneficial. People aren't reading the Announce post, and are dying when their vials run out.
    You grabbed my hand and we fell into it
    Like a daydream.. or a fever
  • Naruj said:
    Would you please update the World Announce to reference this announce post?

It's a big enough change that some attention brought to it would be beneficial. People aren't reading the Announce post, and are dying when their vials run out.
    People that ignore announce posts tend to also ignore login messages, but I've set it.
  • Eoghan said:
    Naruj said:
    This is cool.

I'll add this at some point in the future (requiring elixlist).
    lr summary will now show an asterisk on fluids you have (if you know elixlist)
  • PRESERVE moved from vialbelts to rifts:
    PRESERVE TOXIN <toxin> IN RIFT [thin]