Skip to content

New Forums

Okay folks, 

I hope everyone will enjoy the new forums. We will be tweaking them some more over the next few weeks. If you have suggestions for colors or layout, let us know. I am happy to change things around a little. These forums should be a lot easier to use, a lot more feature full, and everyone should be a bit more happy.

Probably wishful thinking. :)

Also make sure to review the rules over here: http://www.imperian.com/the-forum-rules

The most important rule being that you are not a jerk.

Comments

• These look a lot better.
    ‘Least I won’t have to carry it no more. You see how bloody heavy it is?’

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
  • By the way, all the old posts will remain at www.imperian.com/forums

We will not be moving them over to the new forums.

• GabrielGabriel Fort Valley, Georgia US
    Jeremy said:

The most important rule being that you are not a jerk.
    L.
    O.
    L.
  • edited October 2012
    Immediately: I think there's a lot of wasted space on the left.

There's too much stuff without any separation. For example, you agree'd on Bathan's post, but it's hard to tell exactly what it all means because it's all white.

So, from a design perspective, it can use some work. BUT it's better than before.

Second, functionality...I like it so far. I like the autosaving of drafts, the functionality of the sidebar (can we code  it to be collapsible?), and I love the header and main nav.

Great start, guys! Just break up the posts with some background colors or borders, and it should be great.

Edit: The Off Topic, Insightful stuff is neat, too. I would perhaps make the footer where they pop up darker so you can have post separation.
    Someone powerful says, "Its broken. No more pulling the guillotine."
  • I prefer this. Though, the white burns my eyes at this hour =[
  • Other than the bright, whiteness of it all thumbs up here. Especially the return of the non Imperian side of the forums, it's good to know about players behind the characters (even if we do end up finding out a bit too much sometimes, especially on Burt).
  • Way too bright. Way way way way too bright.

Other than that, way better. 

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• I'll take too bright but readable over too dark and unreadable.
    I am the righteous one... 
    the claims are stated - it's the world I've created 
  • The light, it burns! And the new logo looks super awkward against the header. But otherwise, much improved.
  • I will tone down the white a little bit in the next week or so. I will also separate the posts with a bit more visible line.

• I like it. It's a big improvement over the old forums.
  • forums.imperian.com redirects to the old forums - I can only get to the new ones if I also use /discussions.
  • You probably need to clear your browsers cache if you are having that issue.

• I like these much more.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • yeah, I'm already getting use to the brightness and the tiny post separator. Not saying leave it like that, but you know.

• This reads a lot easier on my iPad than it does on my computer. Almost miserable reading this on a screen larger than 10 inches..
  • On the subject of mobile devices - on my phone, the "Full site" link redirects straight back to the mobile site.
    I am the righteous one... 
    the claims are stated - it's the world I've created 
  • Zaniah said:
    This reads a lot easier on my iPad than it does on my computer. Almost miserable reading this on a screen larger than 10 inches..
    Heh, surprisingly enough I keep it under ten inches on my computer as I generally have it resized to be able to see whats happening in Imperian while I check the forums.

• My post count :-(
  • Delrayne said:
    Zaniah said:
    This reads a lot easier on my iPad than it does on my computer. Almost miserable reading this on a screen larger than 10 inches..
    Heh, surprisingly enough I keep it under ten inches on my computer as I generally have it resized to be able to see whats happening in Imperian while I check the forums.
    I play on a 12.5" screen on my Thinkpad convertible tablet, or a 10.1" screen on my Transformer. I wish I could a browser showing at 10" and still be able to keep tabs on Imperian!
  • well to be fair, I can only see 16 lines of information coming from the game with my browser up. Its basically just enough to let me know, hey! you are getting hit while afk, stop being dumb and do something.

• I hate not being able to edit a post after more than an hour. 

I made a little stupid typo in a post I made at work and now that I see it I cannot fix it and THIS BOTHERS ME IMMENSELY.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• JuranJuran Ohio
    edited October 2012
    Related to @Khizan, I dislike the GIANT RED MARK that appears after a post when you edit them - even if you do it immediately and only correct a single word typo.

See? Isn't this unnecessary?
  • Related to @Juran, forum achievements just make me post specifically to get them. :(

• Same. :(
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • @Khizan - Boom one more achievement down!

• I don't think there's anything wrong with having an edit made clear.

The time restriction on editing is a bit annoying, though. I am anal about grammar.
  • @Delrayne - What do you mean?
    Someone powerful says, "Its broken. No more pulling the guillotine."